The purchase of a trip organized by alter-nativ Brazil (alter-nativ Brésil Turismo Ltda) implies the acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
In order to be valid, every booking has to be accompanied by an advance payment of 30% of the total due. The balance must be settled at least 15 (fifteen) days before the commencement date of your trip.
Cancellation will only be accepted based on the following conditions:
- if the cancellation is made more than 30 days before the commencement date, we will refund the entire deposit minus 100,00 Euros per person to cover administration and banking expenses. .
- if the cancellation is made more than 15 days before the commencement date, we will refund 50% of the deposit.
- if the cancellation is made less than 15 days and more than 2 days before the commencement date, we will refund 20% of the total payment.
- if the cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the commencement date, no reimbursement will be made.
Special cases: No reimbursement will be made after the confirmation for trips to exclusive places such as Fernando de Noronha or in the case of special packages during Carnival, Holy Week, Christmas, New Year's Eve and other special times
If extraordinary events disturb the normal life of the country (eg: political and social troubles, natural calamities …), alter-nativ Brazil has the right to cancel the trip or change a program.
Any modification of a trip, after its confirmation, will be considered as a cancellation.
- 1) Passport, visa, vaccination, insurance, etc.: alter-nativ Brazil (alter-nativ Brésil Turismo Ltda) does not assume individual liability for you. You must comply with police, customs and health regulations and formalities during your stay. Each participant should be able to produce documents required by Brazilian authorities at all times. Information given on that matter on our site, program, travel log, etc. may not be updated and alter-nativ Brazil cannot assure their complete reliability. alter-nativ Brazil will not be responsible, under any circumstances whatsoever, if a client delays in presenting or cannot present his required documents. Expenses incurred due to this will be your responsibility and any cancellation, interruption or modification of a trip due to it will not be refunded.
- 2) Risks: Each client is aware that trips organized by alter-nativ Brazil are « off the beaten track » and could involve certain risks due to medical centers being far away, the condition of roads or even the adventurous nature of certain itineraries (eg: expeditions in buggy or four-wheel drive). The client assumes these risks knowingly and agrees not to hold alter-nativ Brazil, any of its guides/tour escorts or any of its service providers responsible for possible accidents. If in some circumstances like, for example, climatic disorders or unpredicted events, alter-nativ Brazil takes the right, directly or through its guides/tour escorts or any of its service providers, to change a mean of transportation, an accommodation, an itinerary or to change a scheduled date or time, clients will not be entitled to any reimbursement. Participants must always follow basic security rules as well as the guide(s) instructions in all circumstances; if not, alter-nativ Bra zil will be given the right to stop the trip. Furthermore, alter-nativ Brazil will not be held responsible for accidents that are due to individual carelessness.
- 3) Luggage: During the entire duration of your trip, you are solely responsible of your personal belongings and luggage. The weight of which cannot exceed 20 kg. alter-nativ Brazil or your guide/tour escort will not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for the loss of any of your bags, luggage or object (camera, cell phone, documents, etc.).
- 4) Air transport: If your travel plans are changed because of air traffic disruption, alter-nativ Brazil will not be held responsible under any circumstances. Expenses arising from this change will be borne by you.
- 5) Number of participants – substitution of participants: A list of the participants (complete names and dates of birth) will be sent to alter-nativ Brazil on confirmation of booking. Only the persons listed will be able to take part to the trip. Any change of participants will require written agreement from alter-nativ Brazil.
Any exchange rate Real/Euro or Real/US dollar, gasoline or taxes variation superior to 10% may imply a price readjustment. However, after the confirmation of a booking and the payment of the 30% deposit, alter-nativ Brazil will guaranty the price whatever the variation.
alter-nativ Brazil (alter-nativ Brésil Turismo Ltda) highly recommend you to buy a full travel insurance (medical emergency, repatriation, etc.) before travelling to Brazil.
The decision to buy or not such insurance and the choice of the latter is the sole responsibility of the customer. alter-nativ Brazil can not in any way be held responsible in case of dispute
alter-nativ Brésil in Europe: C/O CYBERservices Luxembourg 69, Bld de la Pétrusse L-2320 LUXEMBOURG